From 1 August to 16 September 2018, you are welcome to visit the Museumcafé Aan Stedelijke Tuin#Park: an oasis of calm, food, drinks, art, film, literature and pétanque. You will find the following bars and restaurants in the vicinity:
- Mubart – our opposite neighbours: the brasserie and restaurant at the MSK.
- Pietersbar – social and local in St Peter’s Abbey. For organic, veggie, meat, cheese etc. Eat there or take away to eat in the beautiful abbey garden.
- Vos Gent – lunch & food-sharing. You will find a unique, light and natural lunch there.
- De Appelier – vegetarian restaurant (closed for holidays from 15 July to 6 August).
- ‘t Wokske – Vietnamese eatery, Overpoortstraat 112, 9000 Ghent.
- Vooruit, the terrace – fifteen minutes’ walk away you’ll find one of the finest terraces in Ghent, a gem on the way to the centre of town.
From 1 August: M.A.S.T.
M.A.S.T. will occupy the lawn between S.M.A.K. and the Citadel Park this summer. After the Ghent Festivities it will provide an oasis of calm. A mini-town, with a bar, restaurant, library, cinema and pétanque ground! Come and join the fun at this sunny haven of peace and quiet, whether you are a local, a museum visitor or a city-tripper.
- From 1.8 to 16.9.2018.
- Open Tuesday to Sunday.
- From 10 am to 8 pm.
- S.M.A.K. is open from 10 am to 6 pm. You will find these exhibitions here.
This first M.A.S.T. is an initiative by the S.M.A.K. café together with the Walry bookshop, Radio Urgent and La Luna vzw/Sphinx Cinema. With the backing of Duvel Moortgat and S.M.A.K.