In association with K.U. Leuven and the Dutch dancer Jody Dik, S.M.A.K. Shelter is running two simultaneous workshops every week: one on mindfulness and one that deals with physical movement and telling one’s story by means of movement. You can take part in the mindfulness session together with our residents. At the same time, the Rotterdam dancer and community arts expert will work with the residents to transpose their stories into posture and movement. This series is part of a research project by Brussels University and is geared to people with a background in migration.
- Venue: Shelter (Disco + Community Centre)
- Every Thursday from 13 July to 24 August 2017
- The mindfulness sessions start at 10 am
- The workshops in expression through movement start at 1 pm
- You will have to buy a ticket to the exhibition, but the mindfulness session is free